Mongolian Teen Dies of Bubonic Plague

Just days after a squirrel in Colorado tested positive for the bubonic plague, a 15-year-old boy in Mongolia has died from the disease.

Mongolian health officials say the teen caught the plague from a marmot, which he hunted and ate. Marmots, which are large ground squirrels, have been historically linked to plague outbreaks in the region, according to Ministry of Health official Dori Narangerel.

District officials in the Gobi-Altal province have ordered everyone in the area to quarantine until Saturday. So far, no other cases have surfaced, Narangerel says.

Is the bubonic plague worse than the coronavirus? What’s at the top of your list of things to worry about?

More about:

Pro Sports